By Michael Coughlan
Beginning COBOL for Programmers is a finished, refined instructional and modular talents reference at the COBOL programming language for validated programmers. This booklet is for you while you're a developer who would favor to—or must—add COBOL for your repertoire. might be you know the possibilities offered via the present COBOL talents situation, or are operating in a challenge serious firm which keeps legacy COBOL purposes. no matter what your state of affairs, Beginning COBOL for Programmers meets your wishes as a longtime programmer relocating to COBOL.
Beginning COBOL for Programmers contains finished insurance of ANS eighty five COBOL positive aspects and strategies, together with keep watch over constructions, names, sequential and direct entry records, information redefinition, string dealing with, decimal mathematics, subprograms, and the file author. the ultimate bankruptcy encompasses a tremendous advent to object-oriented COBOL.
Benefiting from over 100 instance courses, you’ll obtain an intensive advent to the middle and complicated gains of the COBOL language and should discover ways to practice those via accomplished and sundry workouts. If you have got inherited a few legacy COBOL, you’ll have the ability to seize the COBOL idioms, comprehend the constructs, and realize what is taking place within the code you’re operating with.
Today’s company software builders will locate that COBOL talents open new—or old—doors, and this vast COBOL reference is the booklet that will help you gather and advance your COBOL skills.
What youll learn
- The fundamentals of COBOL and its keep watch over structures
- How to claim and manage information, together with tabular data
- How to address sequential, listed, and relative files
- How to kind information and use enter and Output procedures
- How to look tabular data
- How to exploit contained and exterior subprograms to create modular programs
- How to take advantage of the COBOL document Writer
- How to jot down ISO 2002 object-oriented COBOL programs
Who this ebook is for
This ebook is for verified programmers trying to find a COBOL educational and modular talents reference in a single convenient publication. even if you've inherited a few legacy COBOL and want to take care of it, otherwise you have a clean COBOL venture in entrance of you, the educational and talents reference may also help you achieve COBOL.
By Joshua Tyler
WINNER of Computing Reviews twentieth Annual most sensible evaluate within the classification Management
“Tyler’s booklet is concise, average, and whole of fascinating practices, together with a few curious ones it's possible you'll examine adopting your self when you turn into a software program engineering manager.” —Fernando Berzal, CR, 10/23/2015
“Josh Tyler crafts a concise, no-nonsense, intensely targeted consultant for development the workhouse of Silicon Valley—the high-functioning software program team.” —Gordon Rios, summer time ebook concepts from the neatest humans We Know—Summer 2016
Building nice software program Engineering Teams offers engineering leaders, startup founders, and CTOs concrete, industry-proven information and strategies for recruiting, hiring, and dealing with software program engineers in a fast paced, aggressive environment.
With quite a bit at stake, the problem of scaling up a crew may be intimidating. Engineering leaders in growing to be businesses of all sizes want to know how to define nice applicants, create potent interviewing and hiring strategies, carry out the simplest in humans and their paintings, supply significant occupation improvement, discover ways to spot symptoms of their group, and deal with their humans for long term success.
Author Josh Tyler has spent approximately a decade construction groups in high-growth startups, experimenting with each element of the duty to determine what works most sensible. He attracts in this adventure to stipulate particular, designated options augmented via instructive tales from his personal adventure.
In this ebook you’ll find out how to construct your group, beginning along with your first lease and carrying on with during the levels of improvement as you deal with your staff for progress and luck. prepared to hide every one step of the method within the order you’ll most probably face them, and highlighted through tales of good fortune and failure, it offers an easy-to-understand recipe for developing your high-powered engineering team.
By Matthew Hennessy
By Avik Sengupta
- Learn to code excessive reliability and excessive functionality programs
- Stand out from the gang by way of constructing code that runs speedier than your friends' codes
- This e-book is meant for builders who're drawn to excessive functionality technical programming.
Julia is a excessive functionality, high-level dynamic language designed to deal with the necessities of high-level numerical and clinical computing. Julia brings recommendations to the complexities confronted by means of builders whereas constructing stylish and excessive acting code.
Julia excessive functionality will take you on a trip to appreciate the functionality features of your Julia courses, and allows you to make the most of the promise of close to C degrees of functionality in Julia.
You will learn how to examine and degree the functionality of Julia code, know the way to prevent bottlenecks, and layout your application for the top attainable functionality. during this publication, additionally, you will see how Julia makes use of sort details to accomplish its functionality targets, and the way to exploit multuple dispatch to assist the compiler to emit excessive functionality computing device code. Numbers and their arrays are patently the major buildings in medical computing – you'll discover how Julia's layout makes them quickly. The final bankruptcy provide you with a flavor of Julia's allotted computing capabilities.
What you'll learn
- Discover the secrets and techniques in the back of Julia's speed
- Get a feeling of the probabilities and boundaries of Julia's performance
- Analyze the functionality of Julia programs
- Measure the time and reminiscence taken through Julia programs
- Create quick desktop code utilizing Julia's variety information
- Define and speak to capabilities with out compromising Julia's performance
- Understand quantity forms in Julia
- Use Julia arrays to write down excessive functionality code
- Get an outline of Julia's allotted computing capabilities
About the Author
Avik Sengupta has labored on danger and buying and selling structures in funding banking for a few years, often utilizing Java interspersed with snippets of the unique R and ok languages. This event left him thinking about no matter if there have been larger issues available in the market. Avik's quest got here to a contented end with the looks of Julia in 2012. He has been fortunately coding in Julia and contributing to it ever since.
Table of Contents
- Julia is Fast
- Analyzing Julia Performance
- Types in Julia
- Functions and Macros – Structuring Julia Code for prime Performance
- Fast Numbers
- Fast Arrays
- Beyond the only Processor
By Betsy Page Sigman,Erickson Delgado
A fast moving and sensible advisor to demystifying massive info and reworking it into operational intelligence
About This Book
- Want to start with Splunk to research and visualize laptop facts? Open this ebook and step into the realm of Splunk
- Leverage the outstanding research and visualization features to make trained judgements to your company with assistance from this example-rich guide
- This easy-to-follow, useful e-book can be utilized by means of somebody, no matter if you have got by no means controlled any info before
This e-book might be excellent for you while you're a software program engineer or developer who wishes real-time entry to log records, functionality counters, and trending research to help of their improvement pipeline. it's also compatible for process directors who require visibility at the country of all structures to comply with operational SLAs and to hasten incident answer. it's also worthy to company analyst who search to correlate computer info with enterprise metrics and supply intuitive real-time and statistical visualizations. it may even be used as a spouse ebook by way of scholars who desire to know about a technical instrument that's commonly used in all enterprises.
What you are going to Learn
- Install and configure Splunk
- Gather information from assorted resources, isolate them by way of indexes, classify them into resource forms, and tag them with the fundamental fields
- Be pleased with the quest Processing Language and get to understand the simplest practices in writing seek queries
- Create beautiful and strong dashboards
- Be proactive through imposing indicators and scheduled reports
- Use the Splunk SDK and combine Splunk info into different applications
- Implement the easiest practices in utilizing Splunk
Splunk is a seek, research, and reporting platform for laptop info, which has a excessive adoption out there. progressively more agencies are looking to undertake Splunk to take advantage of their info to make educated judgements. With the discharge of 6.3, Splunk has develop into extra powerful and has higher analytics.
This ebook is for a person who desires to deal with information with Splunk. You’ll begin with very fundamentals of Splunk— fitting Splunk—and then flow directly to looking out laptop info with Splunk. you'll assemble information from assorted resources, isolate them by means of indexes, classify them into resource varieties, and tag them with the fundamental fields. After this, you'll learn how to create quite a few reviews, XML kinds, and indicators. you are going to then proceed utilizing the Pivot version to remodel the knowledge types into visualization. additionally, you will discover visualization with D3 in Splunk. ultimately you’ll be supplied with a few real-world top practices in utilizing Splunk.
By Helmut Schellong
Dieses Buch wendet sich an Entwickler, die bereits über erste Erfahrungen in der Programmierung verfügen. Es fördert den effizienten, strukturierten Umgang mit C. Das vorgestellte Detailwissen hilft zudem bei der Entwicklung eigener Ideen und Konzepte für vielfältige Anwendungsgebiete und zeigt viele Feinheiten der Sprache. Einen Schwerpunkt der Darstellung bildet der Einsatz von C in der Programmierpraxis: PC-Programme, Mikrocontroller, Skripte. Dazu werden effiziente Lösungen anhand konkreter Kodebeispiele vorgestellt. Der textual content wird durch verschiedene kompakte C-Referenzen in übersichtlicher pay attention- oder Tabellenform ergänzt und vervollständigt. 380 Kodeabschnitte des Buches in Farbe sind abrufbar unter http://www.schellong.de/htm/code.html
By Robert C. Martin,Micah Martin
With the award-winning publication Agile software program improvement: ideas, styles, and Practices, Robert C. Martin helped carry Agile rules to tens of millions of Java and C++ programmers. Now .NET programmers have a definitive consultant to agile equipment with this thoroughly up-to-date quantity from Robert C. Martin and Micah Martin, Agile ideas, styles, and Practices in C#.
This publication offers a sequence of case reviews illustrating the basics of Agile improvement and Agile layout, and strikes speedy from UML types to genuine C# code. The introductory chapters lay out the fundamentals of the agile circulation, whereas the later chapters express confirmed strategies in motion. The e-book contains many resource code examples which are additionally on hand for obtain from the authors’ internet site.
Readers will come clear of this publication understanding
- Agile rules, and the fourteen practices of maximum Programming
- Spiking, splitting, speed, and making plans iterations and releases
- Test-driven improvement, test-first layout, and recognition testing
- Refactoring with unit testing
- Pair programming
- Agile layout and layout smells
- The 5 sorts of UML diagrams and the way to take advantage of them effectively
- Object-oriented package deal layout and layout patterns
- How to place it all jointly for a real-world project
Whether you're a C# programmer or a visible uncomplicated or Java programmer studying C#, a software program improvement supervisor, or a company analyst, Agile ideas, styles, and Practices in C# is the 1st booklet you'll want to learn to appreciate agile software program and the way it applies to programming within the .NET Framework.
By Leslie J. Waguespack
How is it that such a lot of person stakeholders always realize a similar caliber, a similar good looks in a approach? this question led George Lakoff to analyze the function of conceptual metaphor in human realizing.
What is key to stakeholders’ pride with structures? Fred Brooks, in his guides, addressed this query.
This monograph fuses those various streams of concept in featuring Thriving structures conception via translating Alexander’s homes of actual layout caliber into the summary area of data platforms and modeling. Metaphor-Driven Modeling contains the idea whereas reading its influence through the process lifestyles cycle: modeling, layout and deployment. the result's holistic and cutting edge, a standpoint on procedure caliber precious to scholars, practitioners and researchers of software program and platforms engineering.
By Vinay Kumar,Daniel Merchán García
Develop firm portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c software program and increase these functions with social computing prone, together with discussions, records, blogs, wikis, tags, and hyperlinks. This booklet covers all functionalities and elements from a developer, architect, and administrator element of view.
Enterprise portal expertise is used for developing intranet and extranet portals which counterpoint collaboration inside of an organization. The ebook is meant to accomplish and fill within the gaps of the reputable documentation from an administrator and developer perspective.
Beginning Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c offers an outline of the structure at the back of Oracle WebCenter Suite and the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform. pattern code written in Java is incorporated in addition to top practices built from the authors’ event of utilizing Oracle WebCenter Portal for construction firm portals.
- Enterprise Portal and Oracle WebCenter Portal concepts
- Basic administrator knowledge
- Basic developer knowledge
- Overview of the instruments and companies provided through Oracle WebCenter Portal
- How to strengthen Portal resources utilizing JDeveloper IDE
- How to improve new components(Portlets JSR-286 and ADF activity Flows) utilizing JDeveloper IDE
- REST API integration with Portal
- Enterprise content material administration with Portal
Developers, architects, undertaking managers and portal directors within the Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) quarter. IT pros operating in FMW or WebLogic stack may also utilize this book.
By Juraj Hromkovič
Dieses Lehrbuch ermöglicht einen begeisterten Einstieg ins Programmieren ab 10 Jahren. Programmierunterricht wird dabei als Förderung der konstruktiven Lösungsfähigkeit und der exakten Kommunikation zur Steuerung eines pcs verstanden. Die Schüler entdecken und entwickeln die Programmiersprache selbstständig mit und lernen, Aufgaben systematisch zu lösen. Beginnend mit einzelnen Anweisungen werden einfache Programme spielerisch eingeführt. Das Buch zeichnet sich aus durch seine detaillierten Erklärungen und anschaulichen Darstellungen. Die Programmierumgebung sowie die Arbeitshefte für den Unterricht stehen kostenlos zum obtain zur Verfügung.